For all the money a consultant makes, the job is often thankless. Nothing exemplifies this better than today’s Dilbert:
There are some parallels and some non-parallels between Asok and me:
- Asok, like me is an IIT graduate. Worse still, like me he is trained to sleep only on national holidays
- I must have flunked the course where they taught us to reheat tea by holding the cup to my forehead
- But I did meet the prerequisite for getting in
- Asok is an intern, hence his position at the company is not permanent. As a consultant my privileges at my client are pretty similar, except that a consultant probably earns about 4 times more than an intern
- I must have also flunked this other course, since I am still nutty about a lot of things:
My kinship with Asok often reminds me of this classic scene from Lage Raho Munna Bhai:
Yes, just keep doing it hoping that some day things will be better.
Sorry, comments are closed at this time.